Marcella - picking cherries and eating them. She really likes them.
Picking peas is one of her favorite things to do too. She has Lilly and Ki hooked on them too. We didn't get a lot of peas but enough for them to enjoy. I didn't get my camera in time to get the picture I wanted. Marcella had the stool she is sitting on over in the garden by the peas and was sitting on it picking the "fat peas" she said. She looked pretty cute hidden by the pea plants eating the peas. 
We have had a good crop of strawberries this year - glad I didn't pull them out like I had planned on doing and starting with new ones somewhere else.
The raspberries are really growing this year and filling in the boxes. Dann wanted me to transplant some into the other two boxes that we have for raspberries but I am not touching them. I think if I do it I will kill them. I will leave that for Dann to do. I hope we get enough raspberries to make some jelly this year. We are out and it's our favorite.
Dann was home for a day and did a lot of fixing for me. He fixed the pole green beans so they have something to grow up. They are doing good.
The tomatoes are growing really well. We also have mint growing wild in the tomatoe box. We didn't realize it spreads and it has been taking over the tomato box so we have had to pull some of it out. I transplanted a lot in pot containers. The green, red and yellow peppers don't seem to be growing too well. I pulled some garlic the other day and have it hanging up in the storage shed to dry out. It's suppose to dry out in a dark place from what I read.A family came over from our ward and picked cherries. They took some home and left me with some. There are still cherries in the tree - they are hard to get to. Cathy, my next door neighbor and I will be making freezer jam and bottled jelly. I think I will freeze some to just eat - I have heard that is good.
I have herbs that I need to cut and dry. Have not ever done it before but thought I would try it and see how it turns out.
Taking care of the yard and the garden is a lot of work for one person. Jason has weeded some and the neighbors have helped some. I miss Dann being here to pick everything - he doesn't seem to mind the picking and I really do not enjoy it. (he is missed for more than that).
3 comments:
wow! your garden is amazing! I want to come and look at it sometime!! You can give me all your tips and tricks :)
Your garden is looking awesome! I cant post pictures of mine because im embarrassed :) ha ha
Cute Pictures mom. I agree that your garden looks awesome. You and Dad have done a great job with it over the years. I just wanted to put in a plug to just freeze some of your herbs, it is easier, Ask Jon about it.
Post a Comment