I saw a childhood friend the other day. We had not seen each other for about 30 years. We found each other through facebook. It's amazing how I seem to get caught up in my life, in my neighborhood, in my family, and in church. I don't seem to venture too far from those things. I have thought of her often over the years and never done anything about it. She is the daughter of my mother's best friend and we spent a lot of time doing things together with them. As little kids, we thought for sure that she would marry my brother and live happily ever after. Of course, that didn't happen. When she showed up on my doorstep with my brother, we were so excited to see each other. Nathan says we were crazy. Screaming and yelling and hugging. She stayed for a while visiting. We had some good laughs and caught up on some of the things that have been going on in our lives. Mainly just talked about old times together. She just lives in Bountiful and she works in Ogden. I hope that we can keep in touch and not wait another 30 years to see each other again.
Today Nathan, Jason, and Cleve finished pouring the cement driveway on the side of our house. Terry came over and he was the driver for them. He went back for 4 loads of cement. That helped out a lot. It looks good and is nice to have it done. I think Dann will be pleased when he gets home.
No comments:
Post a Comment