Sunday, May 16, 2010

Big changes are in store for this family.  They will be moving in July and leaving Utah.  They will be missed immensely.  We wish them the best as they start a new adventure in their lives and hope they come back often to visit!  (it's only a 24 hour drive).  I hope they like company because we will visit as often as we can.
We are excited for  the new addition that is coming to this family this month.  We will soon have another grandson and we are excited to meet him.  We are glad that they are only an hour away and hope to see them often. 



These two just celebrated their first anniversary in March.  They are both working and Nathan is going to school.  He wants to be an FBI agent.  They are living close to us (with us) and we enjoy having them here.
Amy was telling Nathan to smile so his teeth show because he never does - that is why the strange look.

 So this one is for you Amy.



Jason is trying to get through high school and get his diploma.  He is working through trying to figure out life and what he wants.  We love him and hope that he gets if figured out soon.


Dann is keeping busy since he retired.  He built another bathroom for us.  He is busy  with making furniture, gardening, fishing, relaxing and visiting his family.

I have been helping  a friend sew and make purses to try and sell.  I have been looking for a job but have not had any luck at that. 

That sums up what the family has been up to lately. We just keep plugging along.  I really enjoyed Sister Beck's talk at our Stake Conference about prioritizing our lives.  She gave 3 categories to help us prioritize.  The first being the essential things in life and we should do them everyday - they included - reading and studying the scriptures, prayer, going to the temple more often (not necessarily a daily thing), pondering and listening for answers, keeping covenants and attending sacrament meeting (also not a daily thing - weekly).
The next category was the necessary things in our lives - they included:  homemaking, cooking, cleaning, learning to be more self-reliant, laying aside the things of this world.  The third category was the nice to do things - (things that are fun to do but they wont save us)  such as:  crafts, hobbies, t.v., movies, recreational things etc. 
I have learned that doing the essential things first makes my day a lot easier to get through in spite of all the trials and daily things that happen.  The days that I skip in reading/studying scriptures and praying/pondering I seem to be more lazy, discouraged and unhappy.

3 comments:

Rosalee said...

I'm glad to see you've updated your blog. I don't think anyone is more anxious to meet our new addition than me! haha... Anyway, I enjoyed your post! love ya

Kanien said...

I am glad you were able to fit in blogging after you got your essentials done (he he) Thanks for the great advice. I think those purses are cute. They would make fun scripture bags. Love ya!

Kanien said...

ps you can come visit us anytime you want. We would love it!!