Are we living in the moment, or are we living with I can't wait's? I know that throughout my life I had moments of I can't waits and should have lived in the moment more. My challenge to all who reads this is to live in the moment more often and do away with the I can't wait until. . .
Slow down. Instead of trying to fit a million things into one day slow down. Take time to spend with those you love. Delight in being with your children or loved one. There are always things that need to get done - dishes, laundry, shopping, etc. In an article I read called Trenches don't last she said: " Are we successful if we didn't notice the look on our children's faces as they accomplish something. Is it success if we get lunch done and the kids asleep for naps in 15 minutes so we can finish catching up on "important projects" if we forgot to help the kids finish what we promised we would help them with? Sometimes success is when we don't get through the to do list. Instead, we stop long enough to notice the little things. To Savor moments. Not only to notice the delight in our children's eyes, but to help create that delight."
No matter how good our intentions are we all have days of frustration. Before you know it though those days will be gone. Enjoy the moments whatever they may be.
No comments:
Post a Comment