It sure was nice having Dann home again. I don't think I realized how much I missed him until he came home and now that he is gone again it sure is lonely. I have not done too much since he and the kids left yesterday afternoon. I have just been lazy and blah. I realized that I didn't take any pictures while he was here. It was good to see him again and spend some time together. We enjoyed being with the kids and grandkids too. I also didn't realize how much I missed Chester until last night when I was home alone. I hope he is enjoying his new home and family. I don't miss taking care of him and finding someone to watch him while I was gone but I do miss him and his companionship. He followed me everywhere for a year!
I have been picking green beans, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, tomatoes, broccoli and squash from the garden. The cherries are gone from the tree and now the apricots are ready to be picked. Cathy and I will be making cherry, strawberry, raspberry and apricot jam/jelly on Tuesday. It is amazing how much better homegrown food tastes compared to store bought.
Dann bought us a new car while he was here - a 2008 Hyundai Sonata. It is a nice car and I am enjoying driving it.
I can't believe how fast the summer is flying by. School will be starting again soon and Jason only has one year left. I hope it is a good one for him.
1 comment:
Sorry to be annoying and keep commenting... BUT I have to say I thought about you the whole day when Dan left. Seriously, I can't imagine!
Post a Comment