Monday, October 29, 2007

Okay this is a little weird but I thought I would tell about it anyways. I went in for a colonoscopy on Friday. Thursday was the worst of the test what they call the prep. Drinking stuff to make you go to the bathroom all evening and night and feeling nauseated and not being able to eat all day. They told me that if they found any polyps they would remove them which they did find 3 and removed them. Didn't look cancerous (sp.?) but was sending them to the lab to biopsy or whatever they call it. Came home on Friday and just felt spacey for the rest of the day from the anistetic (sp.?). Then, today I was watching Oprah and Dr. Oz was on and they showed a colonoscopy and them snipping out some polyps and I thought ouch - it bled too - glad I wasn't awake for that when they did it to me. I can't believe that there is no soreness or anything after watching what they did. I was told that I need to repeat this test every 3 years and they will once again remove any other polyps that have grown. On today's show and my dr. both said that if you do have polyps it takes around 10 years for them to turn into cancer if they are going to - I guess some never do. Happy Halloween everyone! hope all that are going trick or treating have fun!

1 comment:

Kanien said...

That stinks that you had to get that done. At least you don't have to do it again for a while. I am glad that everything is ok. love ya!