Monday, February 16, 2009
In a previous post I talked about how we hold in our feelings and don't always talk things out. I read an article today at meridianmagazine.com titled When Honesty is a temptation, not a virtue. It talks about when something or someone rubs us the wrong way and how we might be tempted to lay all our cards on the table and let that person know exactly how we are feeling and how that is being tempted to "honestly" share what was probably nothing but thought distortions, false perceptions, and negativity. It goes on to talk about what to share and what not to share. The author, Darla Isackson says "The thoughts and feelings I need to honestly share are those that come from my heart when I am in tune with the Spirit. There is great virtue in that kind of honesty. The thoughts and feelings I had best keep to myself are those that come from my natural man self and from the promptings of the adversary." So, instead of just blurting things out of frustration or because we are upset about something we need to take a step back and wait until we are in tune with the spirit to speak. Take a moment and read the whole article - I think it's worth reading.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment