Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Nanette I thought of you when I read this - not because you need it - because you asked me to post thoughts that I find. It is from an article I found by Hermanus W. Smeenk when I looked up the word meek. I tried to find out exactly who this guy was but I couldn't seem to find anything about him. He is from a Christian living website. He says that as we try to live a Christian life everyday we are bombarded by negative thoughts, encouragement towards unbridled selfishness and pride in our accomplishments, hatred and jealousy towards others because of their good fortune and a kindling of covetousness towards the material things of this world. The following are some "notes to ponder" to help us lift our thoughts.

"Those things which often appear so beautiful many times are found to hide so much ugliness."

"Many an hour can be wasted searching for something that's right beneath our noses."

"The teachings and deeds of a person having a gentle and peaceably disposed nature are remembered longer than those of a quick tempered tyrant."

"If half the world treated the other half with compassion and concern for their health and well-being, it may result in peace among all humanity."

"The optimist sees a glass as half-full, the pessimist sees a glass as half-empty, but the wise man knows that it'll take the optimist and the pessimist the same amount of time to empty the glass."

"Peace is not that which has been won by the victor of an altercation but which comes about from the mutual agreement of individuals to respect one another's opinions and way of life."

"Getting along with each other comes not only from accepting the other person's opinions or ideas, but also from respecting that person's right to formulate his/her own opionions.

"The optimist revels in the beauty of a sunset, the pessimist sees only the coming night, but the wise man will reflect on the blessings he received during the day."

1 comment:

Nat said...

Those are such great thoughts. I have a lot to work on! Thank you for posting them.